Thursday 3 September 2015

Homeward Chugg & Antiques Roadshow

Monday 31st
Weather was rotten so decided on a nice big fry up for breakie and left Hem Heath about 11 ish as rain had eased off. Travelling through Barlaston and Meaford Locks we stopped at Stone for a late lunch.
As we were togged up and damp made the decision to head on back to the Marina,there was very little wind so mooring up would be good. This we did and I reversed onto my pontoon no problem.
Had a shower and headed up to Olashi a lovely Indian restaurant in Stone. It would have been rude not to pop into The Exchange for a beer after.
Tuesday 1st September.
Went into Stafford and visited the lovely church and the Court a Rooms in the Libuary, something I'd never done. Cancelled my 3wifi with 3 as I can get a better deal when I get back from Aussi.then went for lunch in The Soup Kitchen. Called  into Aldi for supplies on the way home. Lovely roast chicken dinner with Ginny as our guest. Losing her job, we needed to cheer her up I know we succeeded. Great evening had by all.
Wednesday 2nd 
Eddie's holiday over he left about 10.30 I'm sure he had a great two weeks I know I enjoyed his company and my boat handling skills are (even though I say it myself) pretty bloody good. Thanks Eddie for giving me the confidence I needed. Had a clean up and then went up to Trentham for my briefing meeting for Thursday's Antiique Road show.  Then spent a very pleasant evening playing Bingo at The Gala at Stafford,with Kate and her friends. Different!!!!
Thursday 3rd
Up early to report to Trentham for the Antiques Road Show. Absolutely fab day even though it was a little cool for September. All the 'Experts ' were there along with Fiona Bruce, who I just happened to have lunch with!
I was at the main Reception Desk organising the queues to be sent to the correct tables to have their valuables valued.





People where so pleased to asked to be filmed and thrilled to have the history as well as the value of their precious items. And what characters I met.
So never a dull moment as discussed over a quick half in The Swan on my way home with my dear friends Gilly and Rand.
Bed early tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment