Sunday 20 November 2016

Birthdays Holidays Halloween and More Holidays

Sunday 25th September,  Les took me down to Birmingham Airport to meet up with Jean ( Sues sister) to spend a girlie week with Sue, Kay and Jean in a beautiful Villa in Portugal for my birthday.


We had a wonderful week sunbathing, chatting and going to some lovely resturants. My birthday meal was great with a waiter who looked like Poldark himself serving up chocolate cake!



Coming home Les meet me at the airport with roses and a big smile. We had a lovely birthday meal and I was spoilt rotten with gifts.


4th October I did my second FOH (front of house) at The Gatehouse watched a fab film called The Room.
Saturday 8th October we headed off to Cornwall. Stayed in a wonderful static caravan near Wadebridge. Managed some great Coastal walks Lundy Bay to Polzeath, visited Padstow, Port Isaac and Tintagel castle, on to the south coast to  Mevagissey then coffe at Watergate Bay.
A beautiful 6 day break with fabulous sunshine and blue skies. Brought some fab boots in Padstow.
We may have been the only people to have walked out of a Ric Stein restaurant but hi ho.





Returning back to Stone on 13th, we went to the theatre to see That will be the Day, and a Comedy night at The Met- not that funny! Enjoying doing my FOH, saw Fiddler on the roof.

Made a trip down South staying with Kay and Simon on Thurs 27 October, then on to Eastbourne to see Faye, Ryan and Chayse. Stayed in a hotel on the front,great location however parking back at 12 midnight was a problem!
Then on to Ravenswood Hall for a fabulous Halloween party to celebrate my brothers 25th wedding anniversary. Everyone dressed up and we danced the night away. Everybody dresses up, Kate won
best dressed. We dressed as ghosts from Jack Sparrows, Black Pearl. Very scary.
Drove home Sunday pm and packed to go to Cyprus in the morning.






So on 31st October we flew off to Paphos for a 10 day stay at the Athena Beach Hotel. A big Bowles competition where we finished mid table. We had a great time although it didn't start well with me leaving my iPad on the plane, silly me but it was handed in and waiting for me at Paphos airport. Again the weather was lovely 24/26 degrees all the time. The entertainment was good and Les and I truly believe we will be on Strickly Come Dancing soon!





November 11th back from Cyprus unpacked and had Kate and the girls round to the boat, then off again to Potters, down in Norwich for a long weekend. More Bowles, but mainly to see Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons. We had the Penthouse room which was really special the food and gig was great. Long drive home on Monday. Last few days spent catching on with housework boat cleaning and gardening and time to sort out my investments! Might buy a property.




No comments:

Post a Comment