Sunday 12 June 2016

Festivals and Carnavals

Mid May a quieter week, having Connie on Mondays is always fun. I'm encouraging her to be a keen gardener by popping her on top of my boat,watering! Bowling and gardening for me, and an unexpected wonderful concert at Sandown Hall. 


Molly also helping planting and watering all new bedding plants!





Friday 20th an early start to go down to Worthing to my lovely friend, Dizzy, 60 th birthday bash at The Fox. Lunch on the seafront with her family, fab evening. Met friends I hadn't seen in years, how do we get this old!



Then over to Eastbourne to see lovely daughter, Faye, and the family for the weekend. Good walk on the Cuckoo trail then a meal out. Spent Sunday in their garden having fun and helping sort out boarders. Helped out on Monday with the school run. Chayse is a delieght and I love spending time with her. 


Spent Monday with my sister Hilary catching up with gossip. Then stayed at Eddies for the rest of the week. Again gardening and sitting around in his lovely garden. Not sure who did all the work! See front for coffee as weather was glorious. Topping up the tan!
 


 Went over to see Dianne (another sister) on Thursday. Mum and Dad for a meal on Friday. Saturday meet up with all my old friends from Guild care and went to North Star dancing the night away to Big Yellow Taxi. A great day Sunday we went to Sheffield Park then onto Crowbrough to The Wheatsheaf 's beer festival. Meeting up with my brother and family was great too. So bands, beer, brother and boyfriend  (Molly's words) where excellent. Bit hungover Monday meet up with Gill and Brian for coffee. Home for a rest, but did pop over to see Kay as not seen her for a while. Always so much fun meeting up with friends.

So back on boat for June. My first Festival at Uttoxeter Race Course 3/4 and 5th what a fab weekend. Kate and the girls came on Friday,we where all glittered out with wings and wands! Saturday just Kate and I went, I brought the compulsory festival hat! And we danced the night away, headliners - The Blockheads. Sunday went back with the girls beautiful hot day idilic to listen to Beautiful South. Girls just Loved T Rex tribute band. So all in all an exhausting weekend but so enjoyable.




This week I've been to an Induction Eve to become a Volunteer Front of House for Staffords Gatehouse Theatre. Think it's something I will really enjoy so had my interview on Saturday and have been invited to join The Team. Yeah
Saturday also saw Molly become a Princess to the Queen in Stones Festival. And Connie was Tinkerbell on the Peter Pan Float. Both won 2nd prize in their catorgies. Lovely afternoon and the rain stayed well away until 6pm when it fell down.



Looking forward, this week, to visits from friends, Ken and Andrea, Gill and Brian then off to Cambridge for a few days. Why Cambridge? Because I've never been!


No comments:

Post a Comment